Western Cape Government Employee Reviews

1,0
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 November 2019
Not a good place to work. Management is unprofessional and disorganized. The work environment is not nice. The building is old the equipment is old, there is no work culture.
5,0
Challenging postion but very fulfilling
Editor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 November 2019
It is a great organisation to work for. The publication and promotion section functions quite differently from the rest of the organisation as the tasks are not library related in the sense that for the position of editor one does not require a library qualification but a journalist qualification.
Fun place to work
Front End Developer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 October 2019
All the different departments ranging from content creation, social media and the top management you will find a bunch of hard-working and committed people. Everyone is a family and treated the same.
Pros
Family time, no working on weekends, best when it comes to family commitments
Government
Internal Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 October 2019
Western Cape Government - serving the Public of the Western Cape through provincial departments enabling client-centric service and programmes for the benefit of all
5,0
good
Intermediate .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape7 October 2019
good and it was good environment, nice team, nice management
5,0
Great place to work at very much service delivery based
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  cape town27 September 2019
The work culture is of a high standard where colleagues interact and support each other. I have learnt what it means to be a public servant to live out the values of accountability and integrity.
Skills Development Office
Daily administration of skills development activities, attending quarterly meetings, preparation of various compliance reports and attending to ad-hoc requests as requested by management.

Training Impact Assessment on selected Learning Programmes and the administration of training impact assessment questionnaires in terms of the Kirk Patrick Model.

Any job opportunity is what you make of it. If you are prepared to put in hard work, then the rewards will pay of in terms of job satisfaction.

You become part of the organisational culture once you start working. Employees should be able to adapt to the organisational culture in a positive way and to embrace cultural diversity.
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not Applicable
4,0
Interesting place to work at depending on your manager
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 August 2019
Typical day for my line of work involved analysis of departments business processes as it pertains to safeguarding of assets, reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, Compliance to laws and regulations as well as effeciency and effectiveness of operations.
4,0
Fun working with the people I am currently working with, enjoying my job day by day, learning new things every now and again
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 May 2019
The are always chances to learn more things in the Education Department. change is always good. I am being coached and updated with current education issues.
Pros
I enjoy free lunches when possible but work comes first.
Cons
I work beyond the call of duty when necessary.
3,0
pressure to do daily tasks yet productive nature
teacher assistant and math tutor (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, Western Cape7 May 2019
we have to ensure all required learners has a reading session
learned to manage daily tasks and due dates
myself and our manager have a great understanding work wise
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
low paying job
Productive and innovative workplace
TECHNICAL SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  4 Dorp Street, Cape Town12 December 2018
Centre of learning technical skills within the tech industry. Great teamwork and team motivational skills acquired.Real-world company policies exposure.
Pros
Sponsored Studies
Cons
Little exposure to practicality
5,0
Fun workplace and learning environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 October 2018
Being able to learn constantly meeting different colleges, learning the basics of computers and in depth course of different aspects of computers,management always willing to participate with team, workplace where each one teach one what they know,I enjoyed problem solving with the team on difficult tasks
Pros
Workplace, team building days, benefits
Cons
Non
4,0
productive and work with computer system and communication environment
Industrial Training (Former Employee) –  cape town22 July 2018
To exert my expertise in practice of my career, enhance effectiveness and efficiency in the discharge of my responsibilities and contribute to the actualization of the goals of the organization that I am given privileged to work in also I am Self-motivated, hardworking, Flexibility to change and Goal driven person.
4,0
Productive and good working enviroment
Has enabled me to gain a lot of working experience . Ethical working standards but sometimes one has to work longer hours & transparency in management
Pros
Good working enviroment, ethical working standards, custeomer orientated
2,0
Lacks succession planning and innovation
Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 May 2018
The workforce especially in the Western Cape is very old with the mentality of this is how its always been done. You have quite a bit of opportunity to constantly learn something new about the inside workings of government and you become to realize even though there are some amazing projects happening the wheel turns extremely slowly and this can be really frustrating.
Pros
Stability
Cons
No succession planning, innovation, progression. Toxic culture
Productive workplace
Human Resource Clerk (Current Employee) –  Western Cape, Cape Town5 March 2018
With so much work that but still our work is still very relaxed and productive with high professional standards. Managers treat employees as their equals which makes motivates high staff morale.
Pros
medical aid, housing allowance, 13th cheque
Cons
No career growth, unsatisfying remuneration and benefits.
4,0
This was a good foundation for development within the field of how to capture documents onto a database, storing documents and meeting deadlines.
Data Capture Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 March 2018
I would start my day at 07:30am till 4pm diligently and I would query higher authority or colleagues with longer experience which documents for the day needed to be captured into the database and where it needs to be stored. I had learned the importance of process orientation(complete what needs to be done and sticking to the process will enable me to meet deadlines) and how to adapt to environments(ethical).The management of work had been efficient when sticking to the process of capturing and storing of sectioned documents diligently. The workplace culture had been sophisticated(professional/ethical) and supportive social engagements.The most enjoyable part of the job was that there were no problems in the workplace(colleagues/authority) or the job and I would regard getting to work on time is the hardest part but manageable at the same time.
Pros
Simplicity in occupational duties.
1,0
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 February 2018
Every day is a day to look forward to, with the curiosity and anxiety of meeting new people everyday.I learn a a lot about people management and how to conduct and resolve a certain problem or how to answer enquirers from citizens in a productive and simplest form for them to understand.Hardest part of my job is that i get citizens that don't want to be told what to do and when, but i learnt that the way you approach them counts because it makes them feel free if you are friendly and calm.
Lack resources
Educator/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Western Cape28 February 2018
Over population in classes, building structure not conducive to learning and teaching.
Management style caters for different individuals. fun to work with them.
4,0
the environment was friendley felt very welcomed
Registry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 February 2018
i have achieved the skill of communication, team player,reliable, to work under pressure, meet deadlines, leadership as there was a variety of skills to achieve because of the various departments
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
nothing