Western Province Caterers Employee Reviews

5,0
Overall a good company to work for.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Diep River, Western Cape24 October 2019
Good benifits
Especially if you in management.
On job training available.
Growth opportunity
Study bursaries available
Salaries could be better
Yearly increase
Horrible place
former data capturer (Former Employee) –  head office27 September 2019
You get no lunch breaks. Management is the worse and alot of backstabbers Long hours and underpaid. Experience good but that's all. So glad I'm gone from the Godforsaken place.
2,0
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I could make residents smile including staff on a day to day basis
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tokai, Western Cape12 September 2019
I would like to start a new career not because I don't love what I'm doing I have quite a passion for what I'm doing but I want to grow in life I want to grow in the hospitality industry so therefore I will search for something that meets my needs.
Not enjoyable
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mediclinic7 May 2019
I been working 7yrs for this company .Over the years I gained alot of experience. Self confidence and met alot people on my journey working for western province.Recently I am very unhappy n dont feel worthy anymore after all my hard work and passion for my job
Pros
Getting great experience
Cons
Low salaries
Decent company
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 March 2019
work/ life balance was great, no incentive at the end of the year. Great onsite support from the contracting company. Limited movement in terms of growth within the company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no bonus
Professional and cultural heritage
Receptionist / Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town20 September 2018
The job had its perks nice cultural heritage and togetherness there's so much to learn from each other and everyone helps you in every way long term or short term
1,0
The staff make it bearable management is terrible
Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Head office27 June 2018
Work long hours little pay a lot of backstabbing from management a little pay always struggling to get money. Management swearing at staff at head office.it was just terrible it starts out all rosey but turns ugly fast. No HR process at all.
Pros
Cons
Your colleguaes
Well Presented Company With a Smell
Unit Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 April 2018
Well managed company with a good reputation in general. In my many years in hospitality and catering, I have never felt so insecure in my job, getting rid of staff is shockingly easy, without any remorse. You have to fight for a decent salary, getting paid what you worth is a general practice. Growth opportunities are probably my highlight about WPC as there are transfer and promotion options.
Pros
Promotions, Reputable Company
Cons
Long Hours, Under Paid
3,0
Productive and a fun work enviroment
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape town western cape12 April 2018
I e hljoyed working for the company.The management made you feel welcome and important.UV learned a lot from western province caterers because they give you the opportunity to grow by letting you go study further if you want to become a chef.the is a learnership program available to any one who is interested. If you live far from where your unit is they give travelling allowance. Each and every day you learn something new like how to do stock take,how to cook,how to worked ng shifts etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Productuff and fun workplace
Food servers assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape town western cape12 March 2018
Very good people to work for I have learned alot over the years they very understanding and do the best for there staff the salary can just inprove for the hard work the staff gives.
Pros
They have shifts
Cons
Just two weekends a month
Productive , Pressurized, fun
I enjoyed working and being exposed to new learnings/ experiences and opportunities. . It was a pressurized environment especially when recruitment targets had to be met. However I enjoyed liaising with the clients and candidates and also enjoyed my involved in Recruitment drives for International companies/ Hotels/ Restaurants (Hospitality Industry) in Dubai .The interviewing , planning and engaging aspects of the process.
Pros
Energetic environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunity in my scope of responsbilities
5,0
Productive fun energetic
kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape2 October 2017
Was a awsome company to work for iv learned a lot also management is understanding posivite and when they see potentional in you they take you to the next level they love sending you on learnerships to grow within the company and that's what makes you stronger
Pros
Free to speak to managment
Cons
Money can be a problem at times
wonderful place
reliever (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 August 2017
Working here was one the best experiences i ever had. Although i worked at an old age home preparing foods for the elders i build a wonderful bond with them and learned that one day i will be that age and would love to be treated with respect.
Pros
free food
It was a fun work place
Food service assistant (Former Employee) –  Capetown22 August 2017
I was a cook and I enjoyed doing what I did I cooked for a 114 people did my preparation for other cooks and worked as a admin Clark in my spare time so that was a fun work place cause I loved what I was doing
Pros
Doing what i love
Cons
Long hours (weekends off)
n/a
Bookkeeper & Data Capturer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 May 2016
I love what I do but where there are no principles & work ethics involve I loose interest as an individual.
Currently where im working the work load is too much for one person and the salary is very little.
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, no lunch breaks
4,0
Productive,fun, good opportunities
National training manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC28 May 2014
• Heading the training department nationally and running of day to day company requirements – 11 companies in South Africa, Namibia and Mauritius – 2700 staff members
• Registered as a training provider with CATHSSETA – offering one year certificate in learnership (professional cooking) – NQF level 4
• Rolling out and monitoring of company yearly campaign – creating and monitoring company performance based on balance score card
• Liaising with existing and potential clients – promoting the business and servicing existing clients with daily requirements
• Setting up and organizing of large meetings , conferences and competitions
• Developing and writing of new menus, standardizing and training employees on up keeping of standards
• Ordering of stock, stock take and stock control
• Meeting with suppliers on quality and better pricing on stock items
• Managing office and ordering of supplies / free issues
• Opening of new contracts and upgrading of existing contracts
• Function co-coordinating and preparation of meals
• Staff training on all aspects – customer service, health and safety, first aid, cooking (all areas of the kitchen), nutrition, costing and stock control, computer training, leadership, time management, self development, communication skills, Front of house and Back of House Training on all aspects of the business
• Employing and monitoring and daily scheduling of trainers to fulfill company requirements
• Developing and upgrading of company policies – conference presentations - PowerPoint
• Registered with CATHSSETA as a assessor (5 years)
• Qualified
  more... Moderator
• Translating of documents for Directors and Divisional Directors
• Developing and monitoring Standard Operating Procedures of the company
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours, travelling