Woolworths Limited Employee Reviews

Customer focused and great leaders
Pay Point Controller and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 August 2018
Amazing first job , taught me everything I needed to know about retail and customer service at the time.
Opportunities to grow are endless and hard work appreciated and noted.
Great company all round
Pros
always growing
Cons
bad salary
fun
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng1 August 2018
Always fun working with customers and got to learn that exceeding customer's expectation its a way of building a long solid relationship which in return gives a positive growth of the company. Woolworths managers were very supportive. the most enjoyable part of the job was doing data capturing on stock.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
underpaid
Dead End Job
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape30 July 2018
The Company is very good to work for as it is a not just a nationwide company but they have stores all ovver the world. I left because the salry i earned was no where in line with the work i did
I loved working for woolworths.
Pay Point Controller (Former Employee) –  Gauteng27 July 2018
The environment was great, love my colleagues, management and security, there are no benefits for their employees except for management, but it is a great company
Pros
Awards nomination
Cons
Advancing to the next stage
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 July 2018
Woolworths will work with you if you choose to work with them and give them your best, there is always a chance to promote yourself, learn and grow from strength to strength, I enjoyed it.
Pros
Progress
Cons
Peak season workload
in general it is a great place to work
admin manager (Current Employee) –  vanderbijlpark19 July 2018
Topical day at work very busy. I learned a lot in my 21 years in Woolworths. Culture are adapted by every one. The hardest part of my job is other management that want to take over especially higher management.. Most enjoyable is see staff accomplish
good company to grow in
customer assisant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 July 2018
Provide lots of training to assist customer the best. Woolies is all about customer service best quality in product from food too clothing. Best wool
Pros
benefits the company offers
Cons
hours that suit ever person to be happy
productive and well structured company
Food and Textile Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 July 2018
I loved working for Woolworths when I did. I did all of my managerial training through them it was absolutely awesome and bode well for all of the future jobs that I have had.
Pros
really look after their staff
Cons
n/a
Professional and productive
Customer service consultant (Former Employee) –  Western Cape13 July 2018
Beneficial training. Amazing team as well as management. Ive learnt how to deal with customers in a professional manner. Pleasing customers is comforting.
Pros
Extra discounts on sales for staff only
Cons
good working experience and productive
sales floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 July 2018
Woolworths a very good platform where you can learn different kinds of jobs. You can also learn to work with people (team player) and approaching of new people daily
Pros
the price are being reduced for employees
Cons
the least hours employee can work is 10
Fun work place
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 July 2018
A Typical day at work is learning new people and facing new challenges everyday as to how to solve problems immediately .

I have learned how to solve problems and deal with first hand contact .
Management is very supportive whenever we are facing difficult issues they intend to assist immediately if available.

The work place culture is a diversity as we all have different personalities we intend to always help each other in need and are very supportive .

The hardest part is contact ability.

The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking to customers and assisting them to best of our intention and create memorable moment as well as making a difference in their lives .
Pros
free lunch when training occurs
Cons
No work transport for late shift
Fun and very productive
Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng3 July 2018
Very productive and very interesting organisation to work in. I would love to work there again with no problems at all and to gain more experience in.
Cons
Woolworths is a good company to work for,the salary could be better.
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal30 June 2018
The salary structure needs a little more thought.The benefits are great.Woolworths is a good company to work for.The trading hours are not good,we spend most of our time at work than with our loved ones but I supposed it comes with working in retail.
Working at Woolworths exposes you to so much,growth in confidence.Teaches us about people(customer's)what their needs and or preferences are.
Teaches us the value of money ,quality and style.
Pros
Waste
Cons
Working weekends
productive work experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng27 June 2018
I have hands-on experience working with warehouse supervisors to maintain daily schedules of anticipated goods movements both inwards and outwards. Additionally, I have strong understanding of strategic sourcing and supply chain management including forecasting, planning and inventory control.
Uniform issuing, preparing, receiving and administrating per employee uniforms and warehouses
Checking ,inspecting and manage materials returns from customers and retail stores.
Perform physical stock checks in a warehouse or stockroom setting
Resolving customers issues relating to supply of products
Checking,inspecting and manage materials returns from customers and retail stores
Maintaining all procurement related registers and files up to date.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working during holidays
very productive
Operations Manager Canal Walk (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape23 June 2018
i left Woolworth's on a good note as i achieved all my performance goals.As manager i learn t over the years to work with different cultures and characters and differ personality's
Pros
people
strict
Customer service Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 June 2018
When I began working there I had no experience and I always Isolate myself. In all of that I have learn how to work as a team and team leading skills, Taking responsibility.
Pros
Waste
Cons
Life balance is doable, they offer good hours. Salary is reasonable, advancement depend on your will to learn, strict management, culture above mine.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Eastern Cape19 June 2018
Woolworths is a fun filled and energetic store. It has great and friendly co-workers, a normal day at the store would be when there are few customers, you have to put in extra time into ensuring the cleanliness and neatness of the store at all times.

I learnt that working and communicating really well with customers could work in your favor, because that could increase customers' choice of purchases. It is really hard working under extremely strict management that you end up feeling you are not liked by management, I have worked with people of different cultures outside of my own and I enjoyed it, because day by day I would get to learn their languages as per interest.

The hardest part of the job would be not meeting store/sales requirements, because that puts more pressure on management which puts more pressure on employees.

The most enjoyable part would be when having reached sale requirements and continues to be on that level, because when customers are happy, management is happy and that then leaves a positive spirit and energy among the employees.
Pros
We were provided with food from the store each and every Sunday and that counted in everyone's favor, because it helped most others save up transport money until we got paid.
Cons
When we had to work long hours with no notice prior and just leave whatever personal plans made.
Good
Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Western Cape18 June 2018
Everyday is a different type off day. First when you start your day , you need to go speak to the manager for the plan for the day. After that you will go check for any major inventory adjustments.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, Little family time
productive
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eastgate, Gauteng15 June 2018
i was a contractor at Woolworth and never stayed for a long time but had a great experience of the retail group and learnt to have patience and to handle people
Pros
incentives
Productivity was excellent
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest, KwaZulu-Natal15 June 2018
Employer was so supportive ,and caring and also the colleagues were easier to get along with they make a person feel at home and welcomed on a working environment
Pros
Bonus tips
Cons
7to8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

3,9