Woolworths Supermarket Employee Reviews

Found 656 reviews matching the search See all 4 140 reviews
2,0
Working as a fish monger supervisor
DEPT FOOD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng3 December 2019
Monitoring staff Stock takings Grooming standards Attending management meeting Allocate staff every shift Checking in the expired stock
Checking fridge temperatures
Overall excellent
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Gordon’s Bay, Western Cape27 November 2019
Working for Woolworths Supermarket was a good learning experience on how different titles play a role in a business, even though I was just a replenisher.
Ability to grow
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Bluff, KwaZulu-Natal27 November 2019
Was a great place to work for and I love the Medical Aid benefit. Just that I don't like working on Sundays other than that I would have continue working there maybe given a chance now with the experience that I have gathered ever since maybe I can get a position that won't make me work on Sunday I loved the company because there was a chance for growth.
5,0
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 November 2019
Working at Woolworths has been the best thing to ever happen to me....it has contributed a lot towards my personal growth as an employed and independent person..I acquired a lot of skills and learned how to be a team player...how to communicate better and all this because the company provides a safe working environment.
Loved the company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 November 2019
I liked working there was a good company nice managers learned alot hours was decent learned many things I'm a till operator ladieswear body footwear body homeware body
3,0
No person can live on that salary every month
cashier (Current Employee) –  Adderley street26 November 2019
I think they should give better opportunities and should give their people a reasonable and good salary. Its a very good and stable company to work for. They also expand very quick and it gives an idea to the next this business is doing something n doing very well.
Woodworth
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal Gateway20 November 2019
I learn how work with different types of people n different backgrounds. I learned how to manage time and how to be honest or loyal to the company or your colleagues
fun place
Garment Technologist (experiential learning) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 November 2019
very fun place, was my very first job so it was alot to take and to adjust to. seeing how a garment comes together, the processes used to make the product was amazing i love it.
3,0
Know how to work and communicate with people respect other and treat colleagues with respect know how to control yourself self-respect always
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 November 2019
It's a grate place to work in respect and team work is best, learning how to deal with different characters of customer and staff. They care about the business so much they always put their customers first try by all mins to satisfy them, great atmosphere in the shop every boby is smiling and keeping the company basics rule like being neat and tidy wearing uniforms every time. Woolworth is the best in customer service
productive and fun
Cashier and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape17 November 2019
Typical day at wolk- very busy.i learned alot how to communicate with customers and clients. the management were so friendly and teaching.team work and communication to employees.
2,0
No comments
CASIER / CUSTOMER SERIVE (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West14 November 2019
I have learned a lot about customer service.

And product knowledge and also a save environment ad well.

There I had a chanse to get office admin training as well
Fun and team work
End of Day Controller (EOD) (Former Employee) –  Canal Walk, Western Cape13 November 2019
Day will start great and end great people friendly and communication is well addressed. Working hours is fine great to work. Costumers are great and working at Woolworths is fun.
3,0
I'm a hard worker and when I given a job to do I do it also I like working with people
general worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2019
It was great to work at woolworths but in financial was a problem bcz I was very difficult for me to support my family but I'm willing to take any kind of job because I'm struggling to support my kinds
5,0
At Woolworths I was a general worker, I was dealing with dirty equipment where I had to clean them and send them back to the stores thoroughly clean.
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Montague Gardens8 November 2019
•Woolworths is a great company I enjoyed working there so much but I want to try different job fields in my life and for my CV to look even better.
•There are many opportunities there at Woolworths.
Sorter
I used to work at the distribution center and received and sorted the stores stock it was a nice environment to have been in and it was nice working there
Well structured
Store Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng Doringkloof6 November 2019
Well structured. Covers all bases. Good information for new employer to know. Reduces the work of submitting a cv. Easier to hand in electronically. Better chance online then manual submission.
5,0
Woolworths is fun and exciting
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodmead, Gauteng6 November 2019
Working for woolworths was fun and exciting i learned a lot and the collegues are all friendly and welcoming i gained retail experience very fast i love woolworths and would gladly love to go back.
productive and fast-paced
Till operator (Former Employee) –  Cresta, Gauteng5 November 2019
being a customer assistant and helping in their enquiries and other purchasing needs.Learned to be able to multitask,decision making and punctuality.
4,0
There should be encouragement to workers if they did good
till operator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 November 2019
Working at Woolworths it has it's day but mostly the customers are friendly,when I served them they were always happy.
In food's department they should change their tea time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes ,
5,0
So far I've come across to many challenges and family/personal matters, but I'm willing to fix my mistakes and become an solution any problem occured.
Full-time Customer Assistance (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, Gauteng2 November 2019
I wish to be an asset to your company to become the best value depending on my skills and abilities. I'll be honoured to work for a company with a good repution.. As I'm keen for any suitable training of experience and functionality for the purpose of the company's focusablility to archieve recommended goals and mission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Woolworths Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.

3,8