World Bank Employee Reviews

Team assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 August 2017
Tres bon salaire
environement très corporate
Equipe multiculturelle
Pros
repas gratuit
3,0
I worked nice in WBG and it was safe i really enjoyed to work with that company and i experience much more
operator (Former Employee) –  Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal7 August 2017
I enjoy to work there and the management was so very good but the hard time if it raining or windblown it was very hard because we were climb on petroleum drums which was 80000kg
Pros
1hour
Cons
9 hours
Cohesive Team spirit
RM Officer (Head Finance and Administration) (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng4 November 2015
Exciting working environment including the cultural diversity of staff from different backgrounds. The exciting part of the job is being involved indirectly with poverty reduction across the globe. The passion for economic development driven through the administrative support to project execution.
Pros
The team passion in delivering results
Cons
Long hours of work impacting on work life balance
5,0
Exceptional exposure; a great employer to work for
Senior Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP12 June 2015
Typical Day at work: Includes liaison with client governments on socio-economic and political issues, communication with project teams on implementation of operations and resolving challenges that may arise

What I have learned: To apply my skills and competencies in addressing client concerns cognisant of the interests of the employer, putting the client first.

Management: I connect with project teams roviding consistent support and guidance to project teams enables them to peform optimally. Cultivating a culture and ethos of team work ensures comitment to a common goal and enables timely delivery of results. Providing consistent feedback to my principals also ensures I always have leadership buy in on programs managed and can have leadership advocate for allocation of sufficient resources to my programs.

Co-workers: I work with colleagues in a collaborative manner, providing mutual support. Respect has proven key to maintaining healthy relations at work.

Hardest part of the job: When the client and the Bank hold different positions on a joint initiative, negotiating and navigating such differences towards common understanding can be politicallly sensitive and administratively exhaustive for all parties.

Enjoyable part of the job: Working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and from all countries in the world, learning from other cultures keeps me excited, whatever challenge may be at hand.
Pros
International exposure
Cons
Different time zones
5,0
productive and a good enviornment to learn
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 June 2015
my usual day at work was always hectic, i learnt a lot about construction, consultancy work, operations of a Development Finance Institution (DFI), I had co- workers both at the local offices and overseas. communication between us was always through virtual meetings. I had to learn a lot about Project Management which was the hardest part of the job as this was a new concept to me. however, I had a lot of support from my colleagues including my superiors which made the job to be the most enjoyable.
Pros
best corporate culture
Cons
long hours short term contract
4,0
Productive and great place to work
Distaster Risk Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, NW3 December 2014
You learn a lot at The World Bank from the interaction with different experts and specialist from around the world. The organisation is multi cultured and the co-workers are excellent proffessionals.
Pros
Learn a great deal of stuff
Cons
No job security or career growth at the moment
Productive, diverse in culture
Admin. Assistant/ Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP18 July 2014
1. there's an endless stream of e-mails
2. diversity and culture as well as learning and sharing knowledge and skills
3. Managers operate on an open door policy and have respect for all staff
4. working crazy hours more so during the financial year end
5. multi-cultural environment was the most enjoyable part of the job as well as being paid net of tax
Pros
we don't pay tax
5,0
Very enjoyable working environment with high interaction rates within team members
SAP FI/CO/FM/BPS (Former Employee) –  Lusaka,25 February 2014
Expectations are very high so you have to be on top of your game. Learned a lot through interactions with consultants from different international backgrounds, some from India, Zimbabwe, South Africa.
The management is super, they demand high performance and there is no room for silly mistakes. Always interacting with managers and work colleagues and sharing ideas.
Pros
Accommodation, Transport and Supper was provided.