YUM! Brands, Inc. Employee Reviews

2,0
Long working hours
Finance (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 January 2019
Company culture is wonderful, but long working hours and under market related salaries. There is a lot of fun but never time to join in. Bring a pillow to work becuase the hours are very long.
Pros
Fun culture when you have time to get involved
Cons
Hours, pay, management
Fun place to work at
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng24 May 2018
Yum has a brilliant work life balance culture. from a marketing point of view, a person gets lots of autonomy to run their category according to the style that suits them; as long as you deliver on business goals
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimal growth opportunities
5,0
fun learning curve and alive enthusiastic team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State25 February 2018
same culture is taken over from this company Yum Restaurants International to Rohloff group. its a KFC thing (lifestyle)

Great day to be doing what you love with the wining team of KFC
We learn discipline and handwork. ongoing training and support.
Management experience is the best in this company, management commitment to work ethics, culture and procedures backed up by a structured communication between management to management and down to team members to ensure great team work.
You feel like you are part of something big, and every good ideas are given credit through intensive implementation.
challenges are a fun learning activity especially when dealing with different complaints from different people, each complaint is tackled with a strong sense of urgency and pride to ensure that the customer is satisfied enough to stick to the brand and its quality products.
working hand in hand to ensure targets are met with the entire restaurant team.
Pros
free staff meals and cold drink
Cons
long hours and overtime when requested from time to time
1,0
Work environment
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng10 December 2017
Its not a good company yo work for when you are in a contract.They just dont tell you that they dont renew your contract.The management communication its very poor and unprofessional
Pros
Free lunch
2,0
I don't like night shift
CSTM (Former Employee) –  Gauteng17 May 2017
They taught us about customer service and how to handle difficult customers again how to work underpressure and how to make a customer to feel at home
4,0
We sing and dance if we have achieved our daily sales targets and thruput.we also give our team members recognitions by buying them vouchers.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng30 January 2017
According to company's code of conduct we are not allowed to take tips from our customers as it will lead you to dismissal
Pros
We get staff meals everyday
Cons
Working 9 hours, sometimes when its busy we work 11 hours. Which they pay us as overtime.
Self development opportunities
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State27 November 2016
Great for a start up job, would be ideal for anyone who is willing to work long hours and overnight, students who want part time and further careers.
Pros
Development
Cons
Overnight
5,0
productive and fun work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  kfc boskruin randburg4 October 2016
It was not jus about going to work to get an income but for me it was a good chance to interact with clients.Such a great experience!! I learnt a lot.
Pros
free lunches
4,0
Vibrant and diverse workplace
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng20 January 2016
The organisation believed in me as an individual.They afforded me the opportunity to learn and develop my career.Furthermore the management encouraged me to pursue a degree education and assisted me with my studies when it was possible and relevant for them to.
Pros
fun work environment, staff discounts
Cons
night shift, safety risk of dealing with intoxicated customers
productive and fun
Generaal manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP30 April 2014
was fun but with long hours overtime not paid according their payment system management and building relationship with co-workers
Pros
free lunches
3,0
fun workplace and career developing
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng18 September 2013
I"ve learned to grow with the company as i started at a juniour level, and developed to become the manager. The training in the company is impressive and helpful.the team that i work with is wonderful. the hardest part of the job is the long hours that we work.
Pros
training